Since March 2020 this wiki has had trouble with the interface that could not be resolved serverside due to lack of support. A new mirror of this wiki has been created at https://el-wiki.holy-eternalland.de/index.php. Please use this new version instead.
Welcome to the Eternal Lands Wiki, a wiki for the MMORPG Eternal Lands. This wiki is maintained and enhanced by players of Eternal Lands and was started by the Fellowship of the Celtic Woods (FoCW).
- This wiki is not officially sponsored, supported, or sanctioned by the Eternal Lands or any of their staff.
- You are allowed to post the root URL (www.el-wiki.net) in official chat channels in the game. However, do not post pages containing spoilers. Posting general info such as links on how to make various items is OK.
- Game secrets and spoilers do not belong in the wiki. They go in the forum and are not visible unless you have a username and password.
- Before registering to edit pages and/or access the forum, see the "Read before registering" section below.
As the game is ever-changing, this wiki is always in need of being updated, corrected, and enhanced. In short, your editing contributions are appreciated! There's also a way of contributing financially, the details of which can be found on the site support page.
If you experience problems like missing images/functionality or general problems, please send an e-mail to elwiki[dot]net[at]googlemail[dot]com.
- Astrology - Astrology affects your life in EL.
- Advanced Strategies - under construction
- Alchemy - Alchemy index
- Armour - Armour index
- Attack & Defense: What the warrior must know.
- Attributes and how they influence a character
- Beginner Help - How to begin your journey successfully.
- Best places - Where to find what you are looking for - mostly harvesting/mixing-related
- Books - Knowledge is the key to success on Draia
- Clothes - Clothes index, also see Armour and Tailoring.
- Commonly used acronyms in alphabetic order
- Crafting - Crafting index
- Creatures & Monsters
- Engineering - Engineering index
- Emoticons - Commonly used variations of smileys and their meaning.
- Food - Prevent starvation
- Gods - Worshipping facts
- Guides for various skills - published with permissions
- Guilds - information about guilds in general, guild options and select guilds
- Harvestables - Information about harvestable items.
- Instances - Rules, variations and caps.
- Invances - Rules, variations and caps.
- Invasions - Maps and routes
- Magic - A Mage's reference
- Manufacturing - Manufacturing Index by Skill Levels
- Maps - Maps index, information about maps: harvestables, npc's, sightseeing etc.
- Nexus - Nexus index, what you need to make and equip things.
- Perks - Perks index, what special effects you can get.
- Poison - How Poison works
- Potion - Potions index
- Quests - Quests index, with links to the appropriate forum threads (see how to handle secrets)
- Ranging - Ranging or Archery index
- Servers - How to join different servers, like the official PK Server or the test server
- Social Interaction - Standard Code of Behaviour in EL and Emoticons
- Special Days - Special days and their influence.
- Stones - Index of rare and special stones
- Tools and miscellaneous items - Keys, Leather, etc.
- Weapons - Weapons index
Read before registering
Note that since March 2020 no new accounts can be created or approved for the wiki or forum!
- You must create an account with the wiki to edit pages.
- Your account name MUST be your character's name in Eternal Lands, and it must be activated by an el-wiki bureaucrat before you can edit pages. Your account will not be activated if your character's name does not exist in Eternal Lands.
- You can create an account by clicking "Log in / create account" in the top right corner of any el-wiki page.
- To have your account activated, you can either contact a user with bureaucrat rights or send an e-mail to elwiki.net[at]googlemail[dot]com (please check for notices on the Talk page).
- Currently active bureaucrats are burn and Maxine. Send either of them a message in EL, e.g. via Mercator (bot in EL).
- Please read the editing help before making your first edits to the wiki.
- The most important thing for a wiki are cross-links between pages. If a page is not linked to by any other pages, it effectively doesn't exist, so please add links to all relevant pages.
- Before adding secret information from the game, please read the editing help on how to handle secrets carefully!
- To add secret information from the game, you must create a forum account as stated in How to Handle Secrets. See the "forum access" section below. Your forum account is separate from your wiki account.
- Game secrets and other information, such as most Quests, are not visible unless you have an account on the forum.
- Your account name MUST be your character's name in Eternal Lands, and it must be activated by a forum moderator before you can log in. Your account will not be activated if your character's name does not exist in Eternal Lands. (see forum:567)
- Your forum account is separate from your wiki account.
Searching the wiki
If your browser supports OpenSearch (Firefox and IE do) you can add "Eternal Lands Wiki (en)" as a search engine to your browser and search the wiki using your browser's search box.
Your browser should provide an easy way to switch search engines (Firefox has a drop down menu right next to the search input field) and should provide an option to add a new search engine in the same place (again, Firefox does this, if IE is different please add the appropriate information here).
Request for Admins
Wanted: People interested in doing administrative duties on the wiki. Payment - a sense of accomplishing something for the public good. Contact elwiki.net[at]googlemail[dot]com via email.
Duties include: Verifying that the name registered is a true player of Eternal Lands (http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=<USERNAME>) then setting up the privileges (non-el if not an existing character, editor if an existing character).
New default skin
Thanks to Tainted Angel, we now have a slightly modified default theme for the wiki, one of it's main features being the fact that it will span the entire width of the browser window.
Registered users can change the skin they are using in their preferences in case they don't like the default one.
Update: Users that registered before this post will have to change the skin to the new default skin "elWiki" in their preferences to see it.
Issues with the Wiki User Interface
Posted on 2-Nov-2020 by maxine:
For a while now we have not been able to access the wiki in a regular way. However, editing pages is possible if you are logged in. To edit a page, add "?action=edit" (without the quotes) after the URL of the page. The wiki forum layout is also messed up, but also there you can log in and then access information, e.g. on quests.
Burn has provided a workaround for issues with the wiki forum, see http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?/topic/61491-how-to-fix-the-broken-el-wiki-forum/
--Ermabwed 21:27, 16 June 2010 (UTC)